My sister had planned on taking an afternoon to hike up Multnomah Falls and we, on a complete whim, joined in!
I love how Briella and Hunter are looking at each other in this one!
Aren't they a colorful group?! So they weather was clear but cold and we decided to warm up by doing the entire 1.5 mile, almost completely uphill hike.
The kids did amazing. Briella had to be carried about halfway up but the rest of them didn't even complain. We stopped at almost every switchback for water/gatorade breaks (and to catch our breaths) and the kids just happily trudged on after.
We even managed to have some fun on the way up.
When we finally made it to the very top the kids were very proud of how well they had done, and amazed at how high up we were! I wish I had gotten a picture of that.
Avery did however take this picture of part of the gigantic waterfall.
This little girl had the best time of all. She got carried half the way up, all the way down and then snuggled and handfed popcorn and hot chocolate. What a life!

2 comments:
What a fun day!!
First, I wish I knew how to get RID of that stupid name that appears in my replies!!!!!! This is BOPPIE, not Fin Aid.
Wow, that looks like a fabulous hike - and EXHAUSTING!
I'm blown away that Avery took that pix of the waterfall between two trees! All you need to change the tone of that picture is to insert a young Joseph Smith kneeling between the trees, looking up toward heaven. Doesn't that look like a "pillar of light?"
I love the hugging red-shirts. Good thing they aren't in a Star Trek movie. (Ask Ben what that means.)
Post a Comment